This page is about the meaning, origin and characteristic of the symbol, emblem, seal, sign, logo or flag: White Ribbon.
The white ribbon represents:
* multiple hereditary exostoses
* White Ribbon Campaign (what makes a man a man): working to end violence against women
* White Ribbon Alliance for Safe Motherhood: to ensure that pregnancy and childbirth are safe for all women and newborns in every country around the world (see also Woman's Christian Temperance Union)
* to raise awareness for severe combined immune deficiency (SCID) and SCID newborn screening
* as a symbol of distrust to the official results of 4 December 2011 elections to the Russian State Duma
Asymmetric, Closed shape, Monochrome, Contains both straight and curved lines, Has crossing lines.
Category: Awareness Ribbons.
More symbols in Awareness Ribbons:
Many groups have adopted ribbons as symbols of support or awareness, and as a result, many causes often share each color. Some causes may also be represented by more than one color. read more »